Sprint and HTC Corporation recently announced summer availability of upcoming HTC EVO, world’s first 3G/4G Android handset exclusively from Sprint.
HTC EVO 4G delivers a multimedia experience at 4G speeds that is second to none, making it possible to download music, pictures, files, or videos in seconds – not minutes – and watch streaming video on the go with one of the largest pinch-to-zoom displays, at 4.3 inches, in the wireless industry.
According to company Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service today in 27 markets. Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G1, giving HTC EVO 4G the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today.
"Sprint continues to lead the 4G revolution as we introduce HTC EVO 4G to give our customers an experience that is unlike anything available in wireless to date," said Dan Hesse, Sprint CEO. "Not only is this feature-rich device incredible on our Sprint 3G network, but Sprint 4G speeds will take mobile multimedia, including live video streaming, gaming and picture downloads, to a whole new level.”
Features and Specifications of HTC EVO 4G (Sprint):
- Large, vibrant 4.3-inch WVGA (800×480 pixels) capacitive touchscreen with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
- 8 megapixel autofocus camera with dual LED flash and HD video recording, plus 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor ensures smooth, fast user experience
- Download and stream videos on the go at 3G or 4G data speeds
- Live video sharing via Qik
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality supports up to 8 Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Custom HTML web browser optimized for Sprint 4G speeds
- Access to over 30,000 applications from Android Market
- Google mobile services including Google Search, Google Maps, Google Talk, Gmail, YouTube and syncs with Google Calendar
- Award-winning HTC Sense user experience includes Friend Stream that integrates Facebook, Twitter and more into a single flow of updates
- Access to Google Goggles for searching with pictures instead of words
- Impressive voice-to-text technology lets users compose messages by just speaking
- Integrated kickstand for hands-free, easy media viewing
- Built-in GPS, digital compass, G-sensor, proximity sensor and light sensor
- Sprint apps including Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
Customers will be able to purchase HTC EVO 4G through all Sprint channels and through national retail partners, RadioShack, Best Buy and Walmart, this summer. Pricing will be announced at a later date. Pre-registration available at www.sprint.com/evo.