The merging of latest service packs to our XP Disc by the process is called Slipstreaming.
What does slipstreaming means ?
1. Slipstreaming is the technique for combining an installation CD like WindowsXp, with the latest Service Pack.
2. Slipstreaming is the IT Departments secret weapon.
Why slipstreaming ???
1. Unfortunately, updating to any service pack is a time consuming process, especially if you have more than one PC to upgrade.
2. As usual, Microsoft has published the service pack in the form of a single downloadable file for IT professionals
3. who need to apply it to multiple machines over a network.
4. The idea of installing Windows XP first then painstakingly applying its latest service pack to each machine seems… unnecessary.
5. For This Microsoft has included the ability to ‘slipstream’ the installation process.
6. By Slipstreaming process, we can create New Bootable XP CD with latest Service Pack included.
7. Which contains all the original operating system files
8. For slipstreaming the service Pack you have to Download latest service pack from www.microsoft.com or www.thehotfix.net
Let’s slipstream our Downloaded Service Pack
· First of all Copy your XP CD to “ c:\XPCD “
· Click Start, and select Run.