HTC Corporation has officially announced the most rumoured smartphone HTC Butterfly S at its Taiwan Launch event, reports Engadget. HTC Butterfly S will be successor to original HTC Butterfly and influencing some features from HTC one.
HTC Butterfly S is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core 1.9GHz processor, Android Jelly Bean Operating system, total storage of 16 GB internal – extension supports via MicroSD card slot upto 64GB, 2 GB RAM.
HTC Butterfly S is supplied with HTC BoomSound featuring Dual frontal stereo speaker with built-in amplifiers, producing studio quality sound with Beats Audio. HTC BlinkFeed will allows you to Stream customized data feeds directly to device home screen.
Also features HTC UltraPixel Camera with BSI censor having dedicated HTC imageChip 2, supports SmartFlash, 2.1 MP front Camera with HDR capability, Full HD 1080p Video Recording. In addition to that, Butterfly S comes with HTC Zoe with Sequence shots, Video Highlights and HTC share, Capturing images while video recording and long lasting batter capacity 3200 mAh providing 3.5 days of countinous music playback.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, quad-core, 1.9GHz
- Android Jelly Bean
- 5.0 inch Full HD 1080p, 440PPI, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- HTC Sense, HTC BlinkFeed
- Support microSIM SIM CARD
- Total storage : 16GB, available capacity varies. RAM 2GB
- 2G/ 2.5G – GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- 3G/ 3.5G – UMTS/ HSPA
- GPS/AGPS + GLONASS, Digital compass, Gyro sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- NFC capable, Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptX™ enabled, Wi-Fi, DLNA® for wirelessly streaming media
- HTC BoomSound
- HTC UltraPixel Camera
- Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery
- Capacity : 3200 mAh
- Talk time :
- Up to 25 hours for WCDMA
- Up to 29 hours for GSM
- Standby time :
- Up to 659 hours for WCDMA
- Up to 544 hours for GSM
The HTC Butterfly S is expected to debut in Taiwan in coming month at NT $22,900 (roughly US $ 766) price tag. The wider released is not yet cleared.