Google has introduced a new Text Input Method ‘Gmail Tap’, replacing the basic QWERTY keyboard to just 2 Keys ‘Dot and Dash’ for Android and iOS Smartphone.
Reed Morse, Lead Engineer Gmail Tap has tried to bring back Morse Code in picture. Gmail tap replaces default Keyboard in Gmail application with one having only two buttons. Each Alphabets are related with a Morse code of Dots and Dashes.
“ Every letter of the alphabet is represented by a simple pattern of dots and dashes, and once you know them you can type without even looking at your screen. This makes it ideal for situations where you need to discreetly send emails, such as when you’re on a date or in a meeting with your boss.” Says Gmail Team.
- Two keys: dot and dash
- Space bar: added to increase typing speeds
- Tap without looking at your screen
- Multi-email mode: dual threaded keyboard (Warning: power users only)
- Predictive text mode: autocomplete re-imagined
- Optional audio feedback: engage all your senses
Source / Images: Gmail blog